On pondělí 15. července 2024 16:32:45, SELČ Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2024 at 10:21 AM Miroslav Suchý <msu...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dne 15. 07. 24 v 2:57 odp. Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):
> >
> > Instead of always keeping "Rawhide" around as a separate buildroot,
> > why not just rename it at Branching and then create a NEW Rawhide
> > chroot?
> >
> > 1) Different workflow compared to the one we have in Fedora.
>
> How do you mean?
>
> > 2) Create it with what? Empty content ("why you are forcing be to rebuild
> > everything")? Copy everything (you end up in the same situation)? Rebuild
> > packages from previous rawhide (what if it fails to build? what if it
> > succeed but no one uses it anyway?).
>
> Let me flip it around: how did you create "Fedora 40" when Rawhide
> branched for that? I'm just saying to do it the other way around.

Actually, I think the current Copr process is similar to what Fedora
does.  We hardlink the RPMs to branched chroot and run createrepo_c
(unless user decides this is unwanted behavior, and opts-out).
There's no need to re-sign the RPMs, sure - as the signature is shared
for all the project's chroots.

Do you suggest moving rawhide to branched, and start with a fresh (empty)
rawhide chroots for every branching?

Pavel