On úterý 16. července 2024 15:22:56, SELČ Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 3:44 AM Pavel Raiskup <prais...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Do you suggest moving rawhide to branched, and start with a fresh (empty)
> > rawhide chroots for every branching?
>
> Yes, that was exactly what I was suggesting. (Well, possibly with
> auto-triggering builds for the new chroot if the option to follow
> Fedora branching is enabled).

Starting from scratch would definitely be an alternative option (WRT to
storage consumption), even more radical though.  Some of the projects in
Copr require non-trivial bootstrapping procedures (not as complicated as
Fedora itself, but still).

Automatic rebuilds - yes - sounds like a good RFE - but it wouldn't
solve the storage consumption problem (eventually, without the
ability to hardlink across chroots, the feature would consume even
more storage).  I thought we already have a ticket/RFE one for this, but
I can't find it...  But note, because of the bootstrapping issues above
- it would anyway be easier to start with "Fedora N-1" packages and
re-build everything against them, rather than start from scratch (or at
least have yet another option so user can choose the preferred rebuild
mode).

Pavel