Le Jeu 26 avril 2012 16:32, Paul Wouters a écrit :
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
>
>> That's not really within the scope of the document.  I haven't proposed
>> lowering the standards for reviewing packages.
>
> I think there is quiet a group of experienced packagers, who do not
> consider themselves provenpackers, but who would like to help out and
> sponsor people. I know I'm one of those.

I think one of the main points of being a proven packager is knowing his own
limits and only touching other's packages you understand well enough not to
break. Being a proven packager does not mean mastering the whole Fedora
package universe.

IMHO if you feel solid enough on some kind of packages to help new packagers
and sponsor them, you should ask for the provenpacker upgrade.

OTOH if you don't know your limits, and are not solid for any kind of
packages, sponsoring is not more for you than provenpackaging.

--
Nicolas Mailhot