On 19/01/16 11:32, Jakub Filak wrote:

I cannot tell how it works in coredumpctl but ABRT C/C++ plugin can
be configured to ignore any path (this feature will be available in ABRT
2.8 [1]).

Right now, you can configure ABRT to drop core files of certain programs
by adding program path to the BlackListedPaths option in
/etc/abrt/abrt-action-save-package-data.conf [2]

It doesn't really help with the "big core dump" problem though because the kernel still sends the whole thing to the pipe and abrtd still sits there churning CPU for ages reading it out of the pipe, it just doesn't do anything with it.

At least that was my experience when I tried to blacklist stuff in the past I think, which is why I came up with the one byte rlimit hack...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/