On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Jerry Vonau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Well, it's gone from xs-release -- why does it show up as active?
>> Maybe we have to recommend a manual step, but what would that be?
>>
> It's from fedora-release, and was used for the normal updates repo, until
> the "key issue" came into being. xs-release will need to follow what ever
> fedora-release does, my guess is to rename/disable that repo file. I'm
> pretty sure fedora-release will change back to the prior layout post F9.
> Might want to check the layout of a F10 fedora-release.

I've read that thrice now, and I have to confess, I can't quite follow
what you are trying to say :-/

xs-release was built copying on the post-new-key fedora package, from
the F9 'branch' in CVS. Instead of using $release in the yum files,
I've hardcoded the 'f9' there because we fiddle with $release.

In xs-0.4 we had yum reading a different yum repos directory, with
repos there that were a bit messy. With xs-0.5 we return to using the
files in yum.repos.d - as vanilla fedora does. When we port to F10 or
F11 we'll update the files, of course, but that comes later.

Another thing to note is that the 'olpcxs-testing' repo we'll continue
to use towards 0.6, whereas the 'olpcxs' repo is clearly xs-0.5.

Does that make sense to you? Can you see a significant problem in the setup?

cheers,

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions