We don't really test/play with FreeBSD at all.  :-\

George -- were you able to look into this?

On Apr 29, 2008, at 10:14 PM, Brad Penoff wrote:

hey again,

One quick follow-up, as things are still misbehaving...

While removing --enable-picky in the ompi_configure_arguments got MTT
to compile the nightly tarball, no MPI program succeeds (both in MTT
and outside) for any BTL included in the nightly tarball when ran on
FreeBSD 7.

I did a quick investigation and it appears as if I'm arriving at the
same thing that Karol did in the Apr 5th email in this thread...

Things hang on the call to kevent on line 177 of opal/event/kqueue.c .

Jeff had replied asking if Karol had only ran locally, citing past
problems he'd seen with kevent running locally.  I tried also running
on a remote machine, and it hung in the same way.  George mentioned he
had done a fix for an OS X issue recently.... just curious but did you
guys (or anyone else) ever get a chance to cycle back to this?

Thanks!
brad