Gaah! I specifically asked Patrick and George about this and they said that the README text was fine. Grr...

I'll update.

On Jan 13, 2009, at 3:38 PM, Bogdan Costescu wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Brian W. Barrett wrote:

The bottom line, however, is that the OB1 PML will be the default *UNLESS* the PSM (PathScale/Qlogic) MTL can be chosen, in which case the CM PML is used by default.

OK, then the README file is wrong or I don't read it properly... In the section "Network Support", there is a paragraph saying:

 Open MPI will, by default, choose to use "cm" if it finds a
 cm-supported network at run-time.

With the MX MTL being available at run-time, I would expect CM to be chosen based on the quoted paragraph.

--
Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8850
E-mail: bogdan.coste...@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de