That's pretty weird, but you're right. Here is the code that do exactly what you state.

} else if(strcmp(ompi_mtl_base_selected_component- >mtl_version.mca_component_name, "psm") != 0) { /* if mtl is not PSM then back down priority, and require the user to */ /* specify pml cm directly if that is what they want priority */ /* of 1 is sufficient in that case as it is the only pml that */
        /*  will be considered */
        *priority = 1;
    }

  george.