For the record, and to try to explain why all MTT tests may have missed this "bug", configuring without --enable-debug makes the bug disappear.

Still trying to figure out why.

Sylvain

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Sylvain Jeaugey wrote:

Hi list,

I hope this time I won't be the only one to suffer this bug :)

It is very simple indeed, just perform an allreduce with MPI_REAL8 (fortran) and you should get a crash in ompi/op/op.h:411. Tested with trunk and v1.5, working fine on v1.3.

From what I understand, in the trunk, MPI_REAL8 has now a fixed id (in ompi/datatype/ompi_datatype_internal.h), but operations do not have an index going as far as 54 (0x36), leading to a crash when looking for op->o_func.intrinsic.fns[ompi_op_ddt_map[ddt->id]] in ompi_op_is_valid() (or, if I disable mpi_param_check, in ompi_op_reduce()).

Here is a reproducer, just in case :
program main
use mpi
integer ierr
real(8) myreal, realsum
call MPI_INIT(ierr)
call MPI_ALLREDUCE(myreal, realsum, 1, MPI_REAL8, MPI_SUM, MPI_COMM_WORLD, ierr)
call MPI_FINALIZE(ierr)
stop
end

Has anyone an idea on how to fix this ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for any help,
Sylvain