On 08/23/2011 04:35 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Aug 23, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Xin He wrote:

Hi, I modified the code, copyright comments added.
I added your fixes to https://bitbucket.org/jsquyres/ompi-tipc.

And about configure.m4, sorry I was not clear before, tipc.h is under
/usr/include/linux/tipc.h, not under include directly.
Can you edit your configure.m4 directly and test it and whatnot?  I provided
the configure.m4 as a starting point for you.  :-)  It shouldn't be hard to
make it check linux/tipc.h instead of tipc.h.  I'm happy to give you direct
write access to the bitbucket, if you want it.
I think me having write access is convenient for both of us :)
As we've discussed off-list, we can't take the code upstream until the
contributor agreement is signed, unfortunately.

The agreement thing is ongoing right now, but it may take some time. But to save time, can you guys do some test on TIPC BTL, so that
when the agreement is ready, the code can be used?
I have done some tests using tools like NetPIPE, osu and IMB and the result
shows that TIPC BTL has a better performance
than TCP BTL.
Great!  Can you share any results?
Yes, please check the appendix for the results using IMB 3.2.

I have done the tests on 2 computers. Dell SC1435
Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2212 HE x 2
4 GB Mem
Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS 32-bit Linux 2.6.32-24

Have you been able to compare it to the sm BTL?