Hi Open MPI core members and Rayson,

I've confirmed to the authors and created the bibtex reference.
Could you make a page in the "Open MPI Publications" page that
links to Fujitsu's PDF file? The attached file contains information
of title, authors, abstract, link URL, and bibtex reference.

Best regards,
Takahiro Kawashima,
MPI development team,
Fujitsu

> Sorry for not replying sooner.
> I'm taliking with the authors (they are not in this list) and
> will request linking the PDF soon if they allowed.
>
> Takahiro Kawashima,
> MPI development team,
> Fujitsu
>
> > Our policy so far was that adding a paper to the list of publication on the
> > Open MPI website was a discretionary action at the authors' request. I
> > don't see any compelling reason to change. Moreover, Fujitsu being a
> > contributor of the Open MPI community, there is no obstacle of adding a
> > link to their paper -- at their request.
> >
> >   George.
> >
> > On Jan 10, 2013, at 00:15 , Rayson Ho <raysonlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ralph,
> > >
> > > Since the whole journal is available online, and is reachable by
> > > Google, I don't believe we can get into copyright issues by providing
> > > a link to it (but then, I also know that there are countries that have
> > > more crazy web page linking rules!).
> > >
> > > http://www.fujitsu.com/global/news/publications/periodicals/fstj/archives/vol48-3.html
> > >
> > > Rayson
> > >
> > > ==================================================
> > > Open Grid Scheduler - The Official Open Source Grid Engine
> > > http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > > Scalable Cloud HPC: 10,000-node OGS/GE Amazon EC2 cluster
> > > http://blogs.scalablelogic.com/2012/11/running-10000-node-grid-engine-cluster.html

Title: MPI Library and Low-Level Communication on the K computer

Title: MPI Library and Low-Level Communication on the K computer

Author(s):

Naoyuki Shida, Shinji Sumimoto, Atsuya Uno

Abstract:

The key to raising application performance in a massively parallel system like the K computer is to increase the speed of communication between compute nodes. In the K computer, this inter-node communication is governed by the Message Passing Interface (MPI) communication library and low-level communication. This paper describes the implementation and performance of the MPI communication library, which exploits the new Tofu-interconnect architecture introduced in the K computer to enhance the performance of petascale applications, and low-level communication mechanism, which performs fine-grained control of the Tofu interconnect.

Paper:

paper11.pdf (PDF)

Presented: FUJITSU Scientific & Technical Journal 2012-7 (Vol.48, No.3)

Bibtex reference:

 @Article{shida2012:mpi_kcomputer,
  author  = {Naoyuki Shida and Shinji Sumimoto and Atsuya Uno},
  title   = {{MPI} Library and Low-Level Communication on the {K computer}},
  journal = {FUJITSU Scientific \& Technical Journal},
  month   = {July},
  year    = {2012},
  volume  = {48},
  number  = {3},