On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Ralph Castain <r...@open-mpi.org> wrote:
>> That being said, I agree with Ralph on the fact that accepting them in
>> the trunk doesn't automatically qualify it for inclusion in any
>> further stable release. However, if ORNL setup nightly builds to
>> validate their module, I'm pretty certain nothing will stay against
>> their inclusion in some future release.
>
> I strongly disagree - we've discussed this at length before, and the issue of
> release schedule coordination is a deal buster. If people think it helpful to
> have their component in the devel trunk, I can somewhat absorb that one.

There is no such coordination issue in this particular case, as we
don't coordinate with their releases. They maintain their component,
check for the right version of their software and enable their
component if every requirement is fulfilled.

> Adding them to a release is a non-starter with me.

On which base are you making this assessment? This is a community
based project, if one of the members of the community undergo the
effort to develop and validate a specialized component and if they
engage to follow up on the bug reports on their work, I don't see any
valid ground we can forbid them from including their module on a
stable release.

  George.