>From a practical perspective, I don't think there is a need for a
phone call. Ralph made his point, and we all took notice of it.
However, the proposed changes are in a single independent component,
with no impact on the rest of the code base. Therefore, there is
absolutely no valid reason not to be accepted in the trunk (ORNL
already signed the contribution agreement). The fact that they are
used by a single institution might be a little unsettling, but we do
have precedents on this area.

That being said, I agree with Ralph on the fact that accepting them in
the trunk doesn't automatically qualify it for inclusion in any
further stable release. However, if ORNL setup nightly builds to
validate their module, I'm pretty certain nothing will stay against
their inclusion in some future release.

  George.

PS: UTK indirectly uses STCI in other contexts. We would definitively
appreciate having Open MPI integrate with STCI seamlessly.