On Aug 11, 2014, at 11:54 AM, Paul Hargrove <phhargr...@lbl.gov> wrote:

> I am on the same page with George here - if it's on the list then support it
> until its been removed.
>
> I happen to have systems to test, I believe, every supported atomics
> implementation except for DEC Alpha, and so I did test them all.

My comment was not intended to indicate that I don't value your testing
contributions, Paul.  I am more concerned that Nathan is wasting time fixing
support for an effectively useless platform.  It's not like this is a case
where making the more portable change improves our general correctness on other
platforms; it's a very (<= ARMv5)-specific situation.

If there's actually an official list of supported platforms somewhere, then
I'll let Nathan decide whether he wants to submit an RFC to drop ARMv5 support.
 I know I'd support it, but I don't care enough to write an RFC of my own right
now.

-Dave