Hi all

Until recently when I needed extra packages on the SDK and Emulator installed using the SDK Control Center (for the SDK) and zypper (for the Emulator).

However from previous posts in this forum I gathered that it was also possible to do the same using an app's yaml and spec files, both of which are in the rpm directory.

I have had some success at getting this to work by trial and error, but don't yet fully understand it. The process is quite possibly well documented somewhere, but if so, I have not yet succeeded in finding the docus!

it is also possible that the whole thing is blinding obviously, and it will suddenly go click ?.

So far I have established that:

1) The yaml / spec install process only works with "Deploy as RPM"

2) The spec file is auto-generated based on the yaml file, so it is the yaml file that we should be configuring. (the yaml file refers to the format rather than what it does).

3) Within the yaml file there are 3 sections to which packages may be added: PkgConfigBR:, PkgBR:, and Requires:

4) Requires: installs "stuff" to the Emulator.

5) I think that PkgConfigBR: and PkBR: install things to the SDK, but I have not worked out the difference. However the format of the package names these two sections accept is different.

Then there is the question of exactly which package belongs where. There are xxx-devel packages which I guess belong on the SDK, but not on the Emulator; and qt5-declarative--xxx packages for QML which I think are required on both. Not to mention the debug packages ?.

It would be fantastic if someone who understands this well could explain, perhaps with an example. Let's say we want to use the QtPositioning 5.x functionality and will be using the QML elements. What should be where in the app.yaml file?

thanks in advance

Chris