I'm also facing the pulley menu problem with long lists in my app.

> Could we go the browser way and have some sort of a standard situation
and
> show menu activation button when e.g. user scrolls up a little?

The browser works this way. However, it has a small delay before it
displays it. Slow scrolling up doesn't display it at all. That's why I end
up swiping the page up and down to see it.

SilicaListView inside SIlicaFlickable sounds like a good solution. I'm not
concerned about space in portrait orientation. In landscape, it's an issue
only if the page header is very large.

Having a fixed header would also help with the lack of context. In mail
app, I sometimes forget which folder I have opened, so I need to scroll all
the way up to see its name. A fixed header with a page title would help.

Sadly, the Jolla apps which ship with the device haven't solved this. It is
a pain to access pulley menu in long lists (mail, Jolla store all
categories page, Media player all songs page, jolla-fileman Files..).

I wish Jolla would come up with a solution for the pulley menu access
problem. It would be sad to see every app solve it differently.

Cheers,
Kari