666 doesn't work, because all /usr/share (sub)dirs are /755:
///(rwxr-xr-x)/ The directory owner (i.c. root) has full access. All others may list the directory, but cannot create files nor delete them. This setting is common for directories that you wish to share with other users.
/
wim

On 01/09/2014 12:18 PM, Wim de Vries wrote:
Thanks.
On 01/09/2014 09:40 AM, Jonni Rainisto wrote:
IMHO (Only my personal view, not official answer).

I would not copy readonly data to $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/$NAME, I would only copy the readwrite parts off from usr/share/appname. And I would define the map data chmod 666 in spec so I could programitically remove the data.
I like your idea.
Hardly any experience with RPM though. I'll have to dive into that.

Sailfish people: please confirm if this is an allowed option.
Thanks.

wim

From: devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org [devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of Wim de Vries [wsvr...@xs4all.nl]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:05 AM
To: devel@lists.sailfishos.org
Subject: [SailfishDevel] How to install user (controlled) data files for my app avoiding /usr/share

Hi,
I am converting my aircraft navigation app to Sailfish.
It comes (default) with OpenStreet based maps + 3D data files of Western
Europe (in RPM).
Most users will use this map, but some users may use their home made
maps (generated by a PC application).
In the latter case, the users will delete this W-Europe map (it takes up
quite some disk space).
So far so good, but the installation/RPM is a problem:

Harbour says that I should install the app data (very much bytes for the
W-Eu map) in /usr/share/$NAME and in the first run of the app, copy them
to $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/$NAME.
But  now I am stuck with an enormous amount of (useless) data in
/usr/share/$NAME that cannot be removed.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.