Hi,

On 09.01.2014 12:25, Wim de Vries wrote:
Thanks.
On 01/09/2014 09:36 AM, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
Maybe make the application download the map on the first run?
mm..
I cannot afford time/money for a server + support.

if the data is 'free' (in the sense you don't want to specially protect them) you could place it on e.g. http://sourceforge.net/ for download? Or do they have now a days some limits (size, per/day/month) or so?

Or some git hoster, like github, gitorious, code.google.com etc... guess also needs some check that it's not abusive...

br
Reto

Only support for the app.
On the long term, users themselves may set up sth to share maps.

But you must be able to provide the maps on a server in this case.

The additional benefit is that the user can skip downloading the data
if he knows it will not use it.
Never the case in first use. Only after some time of usage.

Luciano