Hi,

As per the tools I think the tools are not so relevant as long as the
> community finds its way to discuss. Personally I don't love forums but that
> is only my preference, as I don't like pizza with pineapple.

I think it's becoming too personal here. As a fervent defender of pizzas
with pineapple, this is an attack against my most innermost beliefs.

Apart from that, I think that news groups are a good alternative to forums.
People using a mailing list would be slightly disturbed by the change (as
newsgroups can be used like mailing lists) and the newsgroups interface is
very close to a forum.

Alex.