El Saturday 21 June 2014, Gunnar Sletta escribió:
> Very true, an we've taken steps to get away from that situation. For our Qt
> 5.2 branch, we still have a lot of patches, but all of these patches were
> upstreamed to 5.3 and 5.4 before they were back-ported into our 5.2
> branch, so we're converging rather than diverging.

Awesome, that's what I wanted to read. :-)

> It is a valid point, and do we want to stay fairly close to the latest
> released Qt, preferably without patches. But since we also have a platform
> on top of Qt, there is some latency in getting there.

Yes, I completely understand, it also happened to me. I have a couple of
projects at work where we use 5.2, and I had to override Qt's behaviour (for
simple stuff like logging to the journal and configuring logging categories in
file) using the public API. That was simple, but the cool, mantainable way is
of course adding the feature in Qt itself so all applications have it
automatically. We didn't had the time, but luckily Robin and Kai added those
exact two features to 5.3, so we can get rid of our custom code.

> Hope that answers your question.

Definetely. And let us know if there is some way to help with these kind of
things.

Greetings.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2