25.6.2014 17:16, Andrea Bernabei:
DISCLAIMER: I'm saying the following words with a smile on my face, I may sound harsh but please believe me, I don't mean to :)

Eric, just go into the IRC channel, and ask people there (who are, usually, the most active community members):

Sorry for the late reply, I've promised to write my reaction to the ML to Faenil, but did not got to it until now. :)
1) what do you think of TJC as a bug reporting tool?
From my experience of using extensively Bugzilla daily I would say that while TJC definitely has a lower barrier to entry than a "normal" Bugziilla instance. Every Jolla user has an account and TJC serves also other uses than bug reporting increasing its visibility.

On the other, for the same reasons the the signal to noise ratio is pretty bad - you have to dig for bug reports in tons of unrelated crap. That the tool was not designed from the ground up doesn't help. There are no components/maintainers, bug states, attachment upload, bug classification, templates, bug linking, etc.

2) do you think it can work?
Sure it can but with quite bad efficiency for both bug reporters and developers.

but most importantly
3) Are you *actually* reporting bugs on TJC?
Sure:
https://together.jolla.com/question/39842/bug-sharing-an-image-to-twitter-does-not-validate-message-length/
https://together.jolla.com/question/9306/bug-volume-button-cant-be-used-by-android-applications/
https://together.jolla.com/question/16827/bug-positioning-gives-bogus-numbers-for-horizontalaccuracy-and-verticalaccuracy/
https://together.jolla.com/question/16518/bug-if-cover-element-fails-to-load-application-doesnt-exit-when-closed/
https://together.jolla.com/question/16827/bug-positioning-gives-bogus-numbers-for-horizontalaccuracy-and-verticalaccuracy/
All in all I got any kind of feedback only for the last. If there has been any followup on any of the other ones on Jollas side,
I haven't seen them on my end of the "tube".

I have also opened quite a few RFE and there similarly has not been much feedback from Jolla, at least lately.

If others have the same experience I'm afraid they might get the idea no one on the other end is listening and
might stop submitting further bugs and RFEs due to the lack of feedback.

I heard many people who are not reporting bugs on TJC because they think it's not worth it (for different reasons) and I'm not reporting them myself, because I keep stumbling on unanswered posts.

But that is normal, sailors are not developer-care agents, they can't spend all day reading all kind of reports trying to understand which bug is valid, which one is invalid, and then also keep those posts updated with the news!
Just a simple suggestion that came up when discussing this on IRC:

Tag the TJC bugreports with Jolla bugzilla numbers!

While one reaction to this proposal on the IRC was that it would be rude to use internal bug numbers if the bugzilla itself is currently closed, I think it would be a good form of feedback and acknowledgment that the given bug is being worked on. It would also help with bug tracking and deduplication as bugs would have an unique identifier that actually maters.

And if not using the Jolla bugzilla numbers, just a simple bug_filled tag would do wonders to at least provide some of feedback.

With some sort of automation I guess this could be extended with a bug_closed_x (fixed/wontfix/notabug) tag to provide
more feedback and get us a bit closer to proper bug workflow.

Hence my point...

Kind Regards
Martin Kolman