If you using RichText enter key not adding newline. So depends on settings you entering <br/> yourself or doing send.

07.02.2015 23:37, Nicolas Cisco пишет:
Yes, i tried the text.substr(0, text.length-1). In my first mail, i wrote why doesn't wok: "I though of striping the enterkey by hand in the callback like `textArea.text = textArea.text.slice(0, -1)`, but, the problem is that if you are not in the end of the input this doesn't work." (text.substr(0, text.lenght-1) does bassically the same as text.slice(0, -1) ).

I don't think that multiline support is critical. The problem of changing TextArea to a TextField, is that when writing long texts, altought you are writing only one line, TextArea expands in a multilineal way, which is easier to edit, while TextField mantains the widget size and the text moves.

I remember that Mitakuuluu2 [1] [2] app had a nice conversation input. A widget that expands in a multilineal way with a custom enter action. I had a glance at the code, and i find it very hard to understand (i'm a begginner at qml). I'll try to reuse that code, any help on understand it will be appreciated =).

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/CODeRUS/mitakuuluu2/blob/master/client/qml/EmojiTextArea.qml [2] https://github.com/CODeRUS/mitakuuluu2/blob/master/client/qml/EmojiTextBase.qml

    Hello,

    Did you try text.substr(0, text.lenght-1) to remove the last char?

    Also, if the multiline support is important for your UX, perhaps
    you could open a Dialog when the text is clicked, where you could
    accept the edits without EnterKey.

    Cheers,
    Asser

    ncis20 kirjoitti la helmikuuta 7 08:32:12 2015 GMT+0200:
    > Uhh, that's bad news =(, i'll have to use TextField instead and
    forget of having multineal support.
    > When i said shift+enter, i wasn't refering to actually touching
    both keys at the same time, i was thinking in something like caps
lock (like entering upper cased letters in the virtual keyboard). When you hit the shift in the virtual keyboard, it sticks and you
    can input uppercased letters without multitouch support. I was
    wondering if with the enter key could be done something similar,
    i.e. normal enter would trigger the action shift+enter (not
    actually pressing both keys at the same time, but like uppercased
    letters) would input a newline.

    > Thanks for the fast answer, any further infornation about the
    topic will also be thanked =).

    > El vie feb 6 09:13:35 2015 GMT-0300, Pekka Vuorela escribió:
    > > to, 2015-02-05 kello 20:11 -0300, Nicolas Cisco kirjoitti:
    > >

    > > > I try using the qml Keys api:
    > > >

    > > >     TextArea {
    > > >        id: textArea
    > > >        EnterKey.onClicked: console.log("EnterKey.onClicked")
    > > >        Key.onEnterPressed: console.log("Key.onEnterPressed")
    > > >
    > > >        Key.onPressed: console.log("Key.onPressed")
    > > >
    > > >     }
    > >
    > > > But doesn't work, the only signal fired is EnterKey.onClicked.
    > > >
    > > > In addition, my idea is to allow the user to input enters by
    using
    > > > shift and then the enter key, is there a way in order to achieve
    > > > this?.
    > >
    > > At the moment EnterKey doesn't allow to filter out the click
    event and
    > > indeed Keys attached property doesn't work on Silica editors.
    Could look
    > > into both, but not sure if that would be too high priority.
    > >
    > > First, the virtual keyboard sends key events only on few
    cases: enter
    > > and backspace when no word is active (i.e. underlined).
    Second, shift

    devel-unsubscr...@lists.sailfishos.org
    <mailto:devel-unsubscr...@lists.sailfishos.org>

    > --