Hi,

Allright, I've done some further testing and I also read some parts of the
QSqlTableModel source code to understand what's going on.

I've finally managed to get something working. For people that might be
interested in it, I figured out that :
  - You have to emit the `beginRemoveRows` and `endRemoveRows` signals when
removing an item from the model. The provided implementation of `removeRows`
doesn't do it for you (that was my main issue) ;
  - You have to use `OnManualSubmit` strategy. Using `OnFieldChange` strategy
has some side-effects that will cause either a segfault or wrong data being
manipulated (when several remorses are running at the same time) ;
  - Since you have to use `OnManualSubmit`, you also have to call `submitAll`
at some point to "commit" the changes made on the model. If you don't call it
or if your app crashes before, all the changes will be lost (which, IMHO, is a
major drawback).

If someone knows an app that uses a QSqlTableModel, I'd be interested in
reading the source code to see if there is another solution.

Feel free to add whatever you want that could help me :)

PS: I haven't investigated the proxy approach yet. I'll probably give it a try
in the next few days.

Cheers,

--
François