Hi,

Thanks for doing that work!

I suspect that you are correct regarding the client-initiated syncs (in this
use-mode, each Sailfish OS device assumes that it is both a SyncML server and a
SyncML client, insofar as any change to its database might trigger a sync with
another device (i.e. this device acts as a client) and any change to the other
device's database might trigger it to sync with this device (i.e. this device
acts as a server)).

This was the fundamental reason why the original calendar sync PR wasn't able
to be merged: the semantics of such "round trip, multiple device"
synchronisation cycles weren't well defined, and instead the sync acted more as
an "import" than a true "sync" (potentially resulting in data duplication).

(For example: what happens if you sync contacts 5 times between the devices?
If you get 5x the whole addressbook, resulting in 5 constituent contacts being
linked into a single aggregate contact, then that is clearly suboptimal /
should be fixed before we merge.)

In many cases, what you want is actually a simple "import" from another device
- but sharing the .vcf or .ics via Bluetooth sharing and then manually
importing that via Settings->Apps->People->Import vCard is probably the better
option.

Best regards,
Chris.