Hi RIOTers,

as Martine already posted, the network stack task force will meet next week Thursday and Friday (Feb 5&6). Following I tried to draft the main goals as well as a preliminary schedule:

GOALS:
----------
- synchronize everyone involved on the ongoing activities
- collect use cases
- map them on the current state of the architecture and see if the architecture holds
- refine the network stack architecture
- detail out a concrete work-plan

As mentioned earlier, the goal is not to end up with a prototypical implementation or similar - we should really focus on the concepts and architecture, so we end up with a clear idea (and plan) for the implementation afterward.

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE:
Thursday before lunch:
Martine and me will present in detail the current state of the network stack architecture and concepts, so everyone involved is synchronized. The current state can then be used as a base-line for further discussion and refinement (or we end up by completely re-designing it...)

Thursday after lunch:
We collect use cases for the network stack (as in: what happens in this situation, what module is needing what kind of data, who is talking to whom). We then map these use cases to the proposed architecture to identify short-comings and come up with a list of open topics that need to be discussed further.

Friday:
Based on the open topics and design short-comings, I suggest we go through them item by item and come up with solutions :-)

Please append anything that we should add to the discussion or any ideas for making the 'workshop' as efficient as possible!

See (hear) you next week,
Hauke