Hi!

On 13 Jun 2016, at 9:56 CEST(+0200), Peter Kietzmann wrote:

First I moved the existing cpu/samd21 tree to cpu/samr21. Then

Why? Well *if* there is a need to change the current RIOT code base, you should open a separate PR for that.

This is a question to all: How comes the Atmel samr21-xplained pro board has "samd21" CPU in RIOT?

I added the samd21 CMSIS files from Arduino and the board files
for the SODAQ Autonomo. For that, I copied several files from
samr21-xpro.

What was wrong with current CMSIS headers?

The problem is, the Atmel data sheet calls the samr21-xpro board CPU samd21 but then again Atmel maintains separate header file trees.

Best, Thomas