Hi,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 05:54:07PM +0200, Martine Lenders wrote:
> > On 08/19/2016 05:15 PM, Oleg Hahm wrote:
> > > Hence, I would propose to somehow reference the addressed
> > > comment in the commit message. What do you think?
> >
> > That would rule out --fixup commits (and thus automatic rebasing). "git
> > commit --squash" allows adding to the commit message, but the commit
> > subject stays the same, so in order to improve things, one would have to
> > unfold the whole message in git's PR overview
> >

> Not necessarily. I would put such links to comments in the commit body
> anyway and that is ignored by --autosquash.

hm, that makes it rather inconvenient to review - particular with the "new"
shitty GitHub UI.

> > Actually, I've never found a big advantage in automatic rebasing. If you
> > specify both, the addressed comment and the corresponding commit in the
> > commit
> > message, interactive rebasing can be done in no time.
> >

> Well you still have to read and compare every single commit, which
> --autosquash just takes a way. So you still need way more time. ;-)

Yes, it takes more time, but just a few seconds if the commit messages are
sensible. I never use autosquashing.

Cheers,
Oleg
--
panic("bad_user_access_length executed (not cool, dude)");
        linux-2.0.38/kernel/panic.c