From: Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla [mailto:francisco.aco...@inria.fr]
Sent: den 30 januari 2017 13:24
To: RIOT OS kernel developers; Adeel Mohammad Malik
Cc: Börje Ohlman
Subject: Re: [riot-devel] Ethos in Mac OS

Hi Adeel,

Currently there is no support for Border Router on Mac OS X using ethos, due to
the reasons you already highlighted.

I’ll try to address this sometime, but I think it won’t be done soon.

However, there is [1] which works on OS X and can act as a Border Router, but
it’s not merged yet and I found some issues on my last trial, but I tested it
successfully before so I think this is a promising (and fast) solution to have
a BR working on OS X.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla
Research Engineer at INRIA Saclay
INFINE Team

On 27 January 2017 at 13:39:16, Adeel Mohammad Malik
(adeel.mohammad.ma...@ericsson.com<mailto:adeel.mohammad.ma...@ericsson.com>)
wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about the ethos tool in the RIOT repository. There only seems
to be a linux port of this. The file ethos.c includes linux/if.h and
linux/if_tun.h which do not exist in Mac OS.

Is there a way to run ethos in Mac OS?

Regards,
Adeel