Folks!

Can we get back to the actual problem at hand, please?

Let me recap:
Kaspar came up with a proposal for a new timer API, since xtimer has flaws (as
identified by multiple members of the RIOT community during the last ~4 years)
and is apparently not fixable (at least no one came up with a concrete
proposal to fix it to the best of my knowledge). Having a concrete
implementation proposal is great.

Thanks for the effort of designing and implementing the current state of
ztimer and thanks for the documentation of this effort!

I think the problem statement and the requirements could indeed be more
precise - while I must admit that a lack of precise requirements is a failure
of the RIOT community.

Anyway, I think we need to define what "very efficient timers for use in
time-critical drivers" means in order to being able to check whether the
proposal fulfills the requirement or not.

Besides I'm missing a requirement regarding the maximum granularity and the
maximum duration of a timer.

Cheers
Oleg
--
The good thing about object oriented jokes is they bring their own laughter
method.