Hey!

On Mon, Dec 09, 2019 at 10:07:16PM +0100, Kaspar Schleiser wrote:
> > Anyway, I think we need to define what "very efficient timers for use in
> > time-critical drivers" means in order to being able to check whether the
> > proposal fulfills the requirement or not.
>
> We can try. What would that look like?
> Something like "must not incur more than x us overhead on hardware of
> class y"?

Hm, to be honest, I'm not so sure of what kind of efficiency we're speaking
here. CPU time or memory? Probably both, right? Regarding the CPU efficiency,
I would assume that this also dictates the maximum precision, right? Regarding
memory we have probably different requirements: ROM for the whole thing, RAM
per instance and for the module itself.

> > Besides I'm missing a requirement regarding the maximum granularity and the
> > maximum duration of a timer.
>
> You mean minimum granularity?

In my understanding of the term maximum granularity translates to the finest
granularity.

Cheers
Oleg
--
T he bes thin gabou tTCPfl owcontr oljokesi sthatthey knowwhento backo ff....