On 23/01/18 16:24, Joel Sherrill wrote:

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 6:23 PM, Joel Sherrill <j...@rtems.org <mailto:j...@rtems.org>> wrote:

    On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Chris Johns <chr...@rtems.org
    <mailto:chr...@rtems.org>> wrote:

        https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/sebh/tmp/headers-diff.txt
        <https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/sebh/tmp/headers-diff.txt>

         <https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/sebh/tmp/headers-diff.txt
        <https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/sebh/tmp/headers-diff.txt>>
        >     >
        >     > There are no removals.  In the no-preinstall
        installation, there are more header
        https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/log/?h=no-preinstall
        <https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/log/?h=no-preinstall>

         <https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/log/?h=no-preinstall
        <https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/log/?h=no-preinstall>>
        >     >
        >
        >     I OK with this change being pushed to master.
        >
        >     It would be great if someone who experienced the
        original problem of the
        >     'install' command failing on Linux during the preinstall
        phase could please run
        >     a test build with a large number of jobs to see if the
        problem has been
        >     resolved.
        >

        > I think that was a not so subtle jab at me.

        Not really, it was to anyone effected and willing to help
        test. I seem to
        remember other reports of this happening.

    Thanks Chris for the help fetching this. I have started a build of
    all BSPs
    on the no-preinstall branch on rtbf64c. I could pretty reliably
    get failures
    on this machine with preinstall and make -j.

    I will report in the morning.

No issues using make -j with the number of jobs being 8 on a machine with
12 cores (6 real). Same failures as master. powerpc-qoriq_core_0 and
powerpc-qoriq_core_1 did not build.

I fixed the qoriq problems yesterday.

If there are no serious objections, then I will push this commit tomorrow:

https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/commit/?h=no-preinstall&id=9a1b498cd50bc5b8841d3e513c8b048274b71ea8

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16