On 04/02/2021 14:39, Joel Sherrill wrote:

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021, 6:18 AM Robin Müller <robin.muelle...@gmail.com <mailto:robin.muelle...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I think the DMA descriptors need to be 32 byte (0x20) aligned.
    That's the reason the example application was set up like this.

But you can just as easily turn them into pointers which point to 32 byte aligned areas in a nocache region.

Just wondering if that's possible with the code because I think it would be easier with the existing linkcmds to assign a nocache area as you need and then split it by hand.

Sebastian... ?
I would prefer to use a generic linker section definition and then simply define global data structures in the right section with the right alignment (see RTEMS_ALIGN()).

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München