On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Marc Aurele La France wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Salvio Sergi wrote:

> > Everything starts fine with no errors (as you can see from the logs).

> > The problem I have is that I don't think I have 2D acceleration.

> > The simple test I do is to just drag a window on the screen... the
> > redraw is extremely slow and the CPU is maxed out (only when I move
> > the windows)

> > This means (I guess) that I do not have 2D acceleration.

> Not necessarily.  Use `top` is figure out which process is "eating up" CPU
> time.

Replying to my own post, with a few more things to look into...

If `top` shows that the server is not entirely to blame for the CPU load,
see if turning on backing store has any effect.

Is this a 3D app?  If so, you're limited to software rendering (for now).

BTW, your VideoRAM specification is irrelevent.  The driver ignores it.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |