On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, David Dawes wrote:

Hi,
  so I downloaded latest cvs version of xc and compiled with defaults on
Linux. Running "ldd ./programs/xdm/xdm" show xlibs are resolved from
/usr/X11R6/lib. OK, I edited /etc/ld.so.conf and commented out line
/usr/X11R6/lib and rerun ldconfig. Ran "ldd ./programs/xdm/xdm" and yes,
xlibs are unresolved. Shutdown your xdm session and try to start again, you
will not be able to fire it up unlesss you edit ld.so.conf again and rerun
ldconfig.

  I think the default USRLIBDIRPATH ^H^H^H^H^H^H^ SHLIBDIRPATH should be
compiled in by default. Yes, some systems will need either -rpath or -R as
noted in this thread.

Ideas?
Martin

--