David Dawes wrote:
On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 09:05:06AM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

I notice many of the affected files do not bear the license notice
mentioned in the checkin notice.  Is that intentional?  Will everyone
investigating the license that applies to a file now have to check
every CVS commit log entry for that file as well as the file itself
to find out which license applies?

Assume that anything attributed to me is covered by the 1.1 licence
unless explicitly stated otherwise.

You mean anything attributed to you in the existing copyright notice, or in the CHANGELOG file?

If you mean the latter, I think you're wrong. We should attach the appropriate license to each file it applies to. Having each file carry it's full license(s) is the only way to determine what applies to a particular file, in a project with many contributors and many different licenses.

--
Matthieu Herrb