Smoof . wrote:

My plan was to do all the rendering with the same client and I know that my overlay adaptor only has a single port for the YUV420 format that I am using. Can someone say if the following would be possible:

Suppose I create a single overlay that is the size of the entire screen. Then I could track the absolute position and visibility of the individual widget windows I want to send the video streams to. I would then tile in the images into the correct spot in the overlay to match the window position. Now, if there were some way of using the alpha channel to only cause the certain portions of the overlay to be seen then that might do the trick. Or could I just manually fill the areas I want to expose with the color key? Please keep in mind that I really don't know what I'm talking about and have no idea if this is possible but it sounds like the only way to prevent the flashing is to use a single overlay and somehow figure out how to share it among the widget windows.

Does your graphics card support OpenGL? One practical alternative is to render the movies into textures.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.