On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 6:54 PM, Yacine Kheddache <
yacine.khedda...@alyseo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Richard Elling <
> richard.ell...@richardelling.com> wrote:

>> https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/740

>> talks

>> (specific arg

>> which

>> forward on

>> let me
>> >
>> > Other thing I'd add is that we added an nvlist to JSON output into
>> > libnvpair in illumos and we have some prototype code that does the
>> > parsing back into an nvpair. If that's something you're looking for, I
>> > can get you in touch with folks about that.
>>

> Yes will be nice if you guys can share this code.
>

>> We've done similar. Now is a good time for collaboration. It would be
>> nice to
>> reach concensus by the OpenZFS conference in early November.
>>

> +1 on the fact it is time to collaborate on this topic and I'm convince it
> will really help
> the community if it become upstream...
>

>> The method is sound, the concensus is needed around the nvlist
>> strongly-typed
>> data conversion to/from JSON, which is almost, but not quite, untyped.
>> Or, as
>> I'm often heard lamenting, "JSON numbers are neither integers nor
>> floating point,
>> they are numbers."
>>  -- richard
>>

> Guess we can all exchange and agree on the design first and see who within
> the community
> would like to work on the implementation.
>
> Happy if this is moving in the right direction instead of all reinventing
> the wheel in the shadow
> for their own products... ;-)
>
> Yacine

Hi Guys,

Please check this out and let us know what you are thinking about it :
https://github.com/Alyseo/zfs/tree/json

Will be happy to have a chat on Monday at OpenZFS summit and to connect our
team
with the community (we are ready to join the Hackathon on this topic).

Thank you
Regards,
Yacine