Try this,
 Types::Record,

To pass it in a fetch/executequery you can use fieldID2Ext instead of fieldNum,
like:

    querybuilddatasource    qbds;
    QueryBuildRange         qBr;
    qBr     = qbds.addRange(fieldID2Ext(fieldNum <table>,<field>),1<dimensioncode>));

rz
Henrik

>-- Oprindelig Besked --
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: "smeagul2303" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:27:37 -0000
>Subject: [development-axapta] What type has dimension ?
>

>Hi,

all ExtendedDatatypes has a base type - String, Int, Real... -.
Dimension is an Array of string. Okay.
In my method I make decisions base upon the type of a field.

switch (typeof(_common.(_fieldId)))
{
        case Types::String :

            break;
        case Types::Integer :
            break;
        case Types::Date :
            break;
         default :
           info(strfmt("Fehlender Type für Feldid: %1 ", _field
>d));
}

I haven't found any type which matches the ExtendedDatatype Dimension.
Neither Class nor AnyType. It always runs in the default section.

What base type is it ?
How can I fetch dimensions ?

Regards

Manfred