On sábado, 12 de maio de 2012 12.13.09, Girish Ramakrishnan wrote:
> 5. QPA plugins + packaging: One can install the wayland and xcb plugin
> simultaneously. We need a mechanism to switch the QPA plugin globally
> for all apps. One can use environment variables right now, but maybe
> we should also pick up from qt.conf (if it doesn't already) ?

I don't see the problem with an environment variable.

I think the most important part is that we actually have a reasonable, auto-
detected default. If the application is run under Wayland, it loads the
Wayland plugin.

Changing anything would only be necessary if you want to test (and, usually,
have more than one system).