> Le 21 Jan 2014 à 6:45 am, Olivier Goffart <oliv...@woboq.com> a écrit :

>>> Only if we decide to stop supporting 10.6 entirely. So the question is: do
>>> we drop it?
>>>
>>> Mac devs, what say you?
>>
>> Could we drop support for build on 10.6, but still support it as runtime
>> platform? That seems to be how Apple prefers to support older versions. The
>> question is of course if out CI system would be able to handle building on
>> 10.7 but running  on 10.6
>

> It is true that building on OSX 10.6 still require GCC 4.2 which is a bit old.
> If it is possible to build with clang and target OSX 10.6 that would be great.
>
> We could revisit the supported compiler.
> Personally, this would be my list:
> GCC 4.5 / clang 3.1 / MSVC 2010
>
> That way we could start using C++11 feature in Qt: such as 'auto', lambda
> expressions, 'decltype', variadic macro, and more.
>
> If not for Qt 5.3,  at least

You can build with the latest clang and still target 10.6. The trick is to
force the use of the gnu c++ standard library (-stdlib=libstdc++) because
libc++ is only supported on > 10.7 but clang now tries to use it by default.
That gives you (most) c++11 language features but not the stl support of it. I
managed to use Qt in this manner, with some minor modifications to the clang
mkspecs. I don't think I attempted to build it this way, but it should work.

Sandy.