I’m curious why you are not interested in QML.

I’m just finishing up a an initial production release of software oriented
towards high-performance graphics.  We used QML for the interface, coffeescript
for view logic, and Qt/c++ for processing and business logic.  It works
astonishingly well sine we can design and build the UI separately from the
business logic, and designers can work interactively without a compilation
step, while the business logic can worry about threads and other performance
processing complexity without regard to the event loop, just throwing things
over the fence to the UI when ready.

I see no reason to stay with Qt Widgets at all other than legacy application
support.  So what is your concern?  Is it just that you don’t what to go from
being an expert in the tools you already know to an beginner at new tools, or
are you up to speed on QML and you have some details on why this approach is a
bad idea?  I haven’t found any major issues, other then a few bugs and missing
features that will be fixed soon enough.

Please don’t read this as me being facetious, I’m genuinely looking for any
information that would indicate the we are on the wrong path with our
application design.

Thanks,