Hi all,

I have an idea how to avoid flickering, but I don't know about results:
what if I will discard the Open GL support in favor to Quick2 render?

I have read this documentation: http://doc.qt.io/QtQuick2DRenderer/
which says about the "Qt Quick 2D Renderer" module.

So, my things is:

1. Download && build && install  this module:

git://code.qt.io/qt/qtdeclarative-render2d.git

2. Use this env variable:

export QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext

3. Run my app...

But, I  don't understand:

1) What of engine is used to 2D rendering in case if I have EGLFS only?

2) Should I re-build Qt5 too with the "--no-opengl" option (or I can keep the "-opengl es2" option) ?

04.08.2016 16:10, Denis Shienkov пишет:
Hi Robin,

> Repeating my last answer...
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2016-July/026736.html

I'm sorry, but I did not receive (did not see) your last answer.

> I'm going to guess you're using eglfs or something like that

Yes, I use EGLFS via X11 on Linux Apalis T30 board, where are used NVIDIA's drivers.

Seems, the flickering is when are used:

export QT_QPA_EGLFS_FORCE888=1

ENV variable... (I need this variable to smooth the Image's gradients... even X11 started with 24-bit depth).

PS: But, I'm not sure about QT_QPA_EGLFS_FORCE888... :(

> Using an overlay to debug item positions (QSG_VISUALIZE=overdraw) could be handy for trying to rule
this out, as if it is specific to the application,

Ok, many thanks, I will try it.

[1]https://blog.rburchell.com/2011/11/avoiding-graphics-flicker-in-qt-qml.html