On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 08:38:50PM +0100, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Oswald Buddenhagen
> <oswald.buddenha...@qt.io> wrote:
> > the repository has been created.
>
> I would also like to point out that, despite we have a repository, we
> still don't have a tool for properly discussing the actual content of
> QUIPs.
>
> * Gerrit does not work because comments cannot be threaded,

when you use inline comments, the locality is good enough to
make threading generally unnecessary.

> they don't stick to multiple reviews,

this is true, but becomes a real problem only if the change owner
doesn't bother handling all comments before pushing new changesets.

> and they can be ignored

that's correct, and having real issue tracking would be advantageous
(which gerrit upstream knows very well).
otoh, it's the responsibility of the reviewers and the submitter (a role
we have intentionally restricted in this repo, mind you) to verify that
all comments have been (actually) acted upon.

> Any idea to how to actually make this work?

how about taking the existing processes seriously and exercising social
pressure on those who think they are above them?