Il 17/05/2018 10:14, Alex Blasche ha scritto:
In case of scoped enums this becomes a superfluous rule as the type has to be
mentioned anyway. Does anybody object to modifying the above definition by
adding an exception for scoped enums where you do not have to repeat a part of
the enum type name?

I approve of the change. In Qt 5.11 we've already started introducing enum classes that do not repeat the enumeration name in the enumerators (e.g. QAbstractItemModel::CheckIndexOption). I would also double-down and say that every new enumeration in Qt has to be an enum class.

My 2 cents,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts