Bringing this up again in light of e.g.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/235167/

When I gave my support to this I thought we were talking about global enums. I
do not think that using class enums inside existing classes is a win for code
readability/writability:

When you have

 switch (point->state()) {

It's pretty obvious what case QQuickEventPoint::Pressed: refers to. being
overly explicit with case QQuickEventPoint::State::Pressed: just adds more to
type for no reason.

Or:

  if (event->device()->pointerType() != QQuickPointerDevice::Finger

Gives me all the info I need, and having to type or read this instead is worse
in my opinion:

  if (event->device()->pointerType() !=
QQuickPointerDevice::PointerType::Finger &&

I think we should revisit this policy, and only use it when there’s actually a
clash.

Tor Arne