Hi,

Sometimes parallel work happens - especially if things are done outside of the
Qt Project repositories. Sometimes there is real duplication of effort,
sometimes approach is different even though aiming towards the same goal,
performance may differ, 3rd party dependencies are different etc. So not
everything that at first look seems duplicate actually is.

Related to your comment about the Qt Charts being limited I would tend to
disagree. While there of course are always thing that can be added, it does
support a wide variety of different chart types and functionality.

Discussion about Qt Charts is of course welcome, but perhaps not that relevant
for discussion about creating a new repository for Lottie-Qt.

Yours,

        Tuukka

On 10/01/2019, 11.58, "Development on behalf of Uwe Rathmann"
<development-boun...@qt-project.org on behalf of uwe.rathm...@tigertal.de>
wrote:

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 07:24:01 +0000, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:

    >> Ours is LGPLv2+ as usual, FWIW.
    >
    > Which sadly makes it unsuitable for inclusion in Qt.

    I'm maintainer of the Qwt library ( https://qwt.sourceforge.io/ ), that
    exists since Qt 1.1 - but there are also other popular Qt plotting
    libraries available. For some reason "Qt" decided to come up with the Qt/
    Charts module many years later - AFAIK without even trying to contact any
    existing project.

    As being author of a competing package I never checked the code of the Qt/
    Chart module and can't ( and don't want to ) judge if it is good or bad.
    But my impression is, that it started with a limited set of features and
    immediately changed into maintenance mode without seeing much active
    development since then.

    Don't you agree that supporting an existing project instead would have
    lead to a better overall situation for everyone ?

    Considering that you hardly get the existing modules maintained - why
    don't you start with thinking in a more community oriented way ?

    Uwe