On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 10:48:37 +0000, Tuukka Turunen wrote:

> Related to your comment about the Qt Charts being limited I would tend
> to disagree.

https://www.qtcentre.org/threads/69718-QChartView-and-QScatterSeries-
overrdide-the-label-of-a-QPointF

https://www.qtcentre.org/threads/69094-3D-Plot

I leave it up to you to google for more ...

You might have noticed, that questions on the Qt mailing lists regarding
Qt/Charts mostly end up in not being answered, but at least you find this
statement from the maintainer:

https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2016-November/
055337.html

If you prefer "simple charting" or "not be the be-all-end-all charting
solution" over "limited" - I don't care, we can agree on Miikkas wording.

But it doesn't affect my conclusion, that Qt users ( including your
customers ) would have a better solution, if you would have contributed
to an existing 3rd party library instead of reinventing the wheel.

> Discussion about Qt Charts is of course welcome, but perhaps not that
> relevant for discussion about creating a new repository for Lottie-Qt.

True, but Qt/Chart is a good example of what happens, when ignoring
existing 3rd party software without technical reasons.

And on a more general note: if LGPLv2+ makes code not being appropriate
for the Qt project, then don't be surprised that you are not attractive
for developers without having a business case in mind.

My 2 cents,
Uwe