Uwe Rathmann wrote:
> Don't you agree that supporting an existing project instead would have
> lead to a better overall situation for everyone ?

A similar situation is Phonon vs. QtMultimedia, where both projects are now
missing some wanted features. If they had been working together, we would
have one complete multimedia framework instead of two frameworks covering
only some of the use cases.

That case is particularly sad because Phonon was supposed to be the showcase
of successful collaboration between Qt and KDE, but then got unilaterally
kicked out of Qt in favor of reinventing the wheel with QtMultimedia.

        Kevin Kofler