Hi all,

I’d like to have us create a branch for Qt 6 in qtbase. Different people are
starting to collect quite some patches and we now need one place where those
come together.

For now I’d like to limit this to qtbase, as that’s where pretty much all Qt 6
related work happens, and we need to do some work on the CI side to prepare the
other modules for Qt 6 related work (Frederik will post details in a separate
mail).

The branch can have limited testing where we compile and test against latest
compilers on Windows, macOS and Linux only.

For now the following rules would apply to the ‘qt6’ branch:

* We regularly merge dev into it
* BC breakages are fine
* SC breakages require a maintainer approval and a Changelog entry marking this
as a source incompatible change
* All functions you’d like to remove in qt6 need to be deprecated in dev first
* Avoid changes to the build system to not interfere with the cmake work

I’d like to see the cmake changes being merged into the branch as soon as
possible, and have us switch over soon.

Can the Gerrit/CI folks please create that branch?

Cheers,
Lars