> On 15 Jan 2019, at 11:54, Lars Knoll <lars.kn...@qt.io> wrote:
>
> Ok, guess I misunderstood a bit. My idea was to keep ‘dev’ for 5.x
> development and ‘qt6’ for Qt 6 related development. At some point (when 5.15
> is branched) we’d basically rename qt6 to dev (because at that point there’s
> no 5.x anymore).

Okey, so we _will_ have parallel Qt 5 and Qt 6 feature development, and in that
case need two “dev” branches.

I argue that instead of naming them ‘dev’ and ‘qt6’ like proposed, we use
explicit names, either:

 - 6.0 and 5.15 (if there’s no 6.1 branched 6.0 is “dev. If there’s no 5.16
branched, 5.15 is “dev”)

Or

 - 6.x and 5.x (and retire the ‘dev’ branch)

If retiring the ‘dev’ branch in favour of explicit 5.13, 5.14, 5.15 etc, then
at least we should choose a Qt 6 branch that is one of the two options above,
either 6.0 or 6.x, not ‘qt6’.

Tor Arne